- Proverb – Absence makes the heart grow fonder.
- Meaning – We will feel more affection for someone when we are not with them. We will like something or someone more if they are far away. Separation from someone makes feelings stronger.
- We might use the expression absence makes the heart go fonder when we are missing someone who is far away.
- Fonder is the comparative adjective of fond. Fond means to have affection or feelings for something or someone.
- Apple of My Eye – Idiom
- Bae – Slang
- Chat Up – Phrasal Verb
- Flower – Photo Vocabulary
- Make Out – Phrasal Verb
- Puppy Love – Slang
- Vase – Photo Vocabulary
- Is there a similar proverb in your culture?