“The bride and bridegroom pose for the photographer on their special day!”
Note: Bridegroom is often shortened to groom.
Related Wedding Vocabulary:
- best man – noun – a male friend of relative of the groom who assists him at the wedding
- bouquet – noun – an attractively arranged bunch of flowers
- bridesmaid – noun – a girl or woman who accompanies the bride on her wedding day
- flower girl – noun – a young girl who carries flowers – and who scatters petals in front of the bride
- groomsman – noun – a male friend who accompanies the groom on his wedding day
- maid of honour (or man of honour) – noun – the chief bridesmaid at a wedding (must not be married)
- reception – noun – the part held at a wedding after the marriage ceremony has been completed
- ring bearer – noun – the person (usually a young boy) who carries the rings at a wedding ceremony
- tuxedo – noun – the formal wear for the groom at a wedding – a dinner jacket
- wedding cake – noun – the traditional dessert served during a wedding ceremony
- wedding dress – noun – the dress worn by the bride at a wedding
- wedding ring – noun – the ring you wear to show that you are married
In The News:
Fairytale Ayrshire wedding venue unveils new grand ballroom at heart of hotel
A picture is worth a thousand words
What is FunkyEnglish?
FunkyEnglish is a website that helps you improve your English. We offer quick lessons that teach idioms, slang, phrasal verbs and more. Visit our homepage to see our latest articles, or use the menu to find specific content!