“A beautiful bunch of roses in a delightful red vase sit on a windowsill.”
A vase is a decorative container, typically made of glass, ceramic, or metal, that is used to hold and display flowers or other ornamental plants. Vases come in various shapes, sizes, and designs, ranging from simple and functional to elaborate and decorative. They are designed to showcase the beauty of the flowers and provide a stable base for arranging and displaying floral arrangements. Vases can also be used as standalone decorative pieces, even without flowers, as they often add aesthetic appeal to a room or space.
- Gild the lily – To embellish or enhance something that is already beautiful or impressive, often in a superfluous or unnecessary manner.
- In full bloom – At the peak or height of development or maturity.
- Stop and smell the roses – To take time to appreciate or enjoy the beauty or pleasures of life.
- To be a wallflower – To remain unnoticed or sit out of the spotlight during social events or gatherings.
- To be handed a bunch of flowers – To receive praise, recognition, or appreciation for something.
- To blossom into something – To develop, grow, or mature into something successful or beautiful.
- To nip something in the bud – To stop or prevent something from developing or becoming a problem.
- To wilt under pressure – To succumb or lose confidence when faced with difficult or demanding situations.
In The News:
A picture is worth a thousand words
What is FunkyEnglish?
FunkyEnglish is a website that helps you improve your English. We offer quick lessons that teach idioms, slang, phrasal verbs and more. Visit our homepage to see our latest articles, or use the menu to find specific content!