English Idiom – The apple of somebody’s eye
Meaning – The person that you love the most. A person that you cherish or adore more than anyone else.
When could you use this idiom?
- You are describing your feelings for your partner.
- Somebody is telling their son or daughter how much they mean to them.
- A loved one is letting you know how important you are.
- Somebody is letting you know that they have a romantic interest in you!
- “My daughter is dench and I hate spending time away from her. She is the apple of my eye and I miss her so much!”
In The News:
- Is there an idiom like this in your country?
What is an idiom?
An idiom is a word or phrase that is not taken literally. An idiom is an expression that cannot be understood from the meanings of its individual words, but has a separate meaning of its own.