Skip to the content
- Proverb – Too many cooks spoil the broth.
- Meaning – If too many people try to do the same thing at the same time then the result is likely to be ruined. If too many people participate in a task, the task will not be done very well.
- If there are too many chefs in a kitchen they will all get in each others way and it will be chaotic. The food being prepared will more than likely be ruined.
- Broth is a kind of soup made of water in which bones, meat, fish, or vegetables have been simmered.
- A similar proverb is Too many chiefs and not enough Indians. This proverb can be used when there are too many bosses or managers, and not enough people actually doing useful work.
- Is there a similar proverb in your culture?