English Idiom – On cloud nine
Meaning – Extremely happy. The English idiom on cloud nine is used to express a state of extreme happiness and elation. It is usually used to describe a feeling of joy that is so intense that it is almost surreal.
More featured phrases to express happiness:
- Chuffed – Slang
- Full of the joys of spring – Idiom
- On top of the world – Idiom
- Tickled pink – Idiom
- Walking on air – Idiom
When could you use this idiom?
- You’ve just won the lottery.
- You have passed an important English exam.
- A friend has given you some amazing news.
- Your football team has won the World Cup!
- “After finding out she was pregnant, Emily was on cloud nine.”
In The News:
- Is there an idiom like this in your country?
What is an idiom?
An idiom is a word or phrase that is not taken literally. An idiom is an expression that cannot be understood from the meanings of its individual words, but has a separate meaning of its own.