English Idiom – Whale of a time.
Meaning – To have a great time. To enjoy yourself very much and have a positive experience.
More featured phrases to express happiness:
- Chuffed – Slang
- Full of the joys of spring – Idiom
- On cloud nine – Idiom
- On top of the world – Idiom
- Tickled pink – Idiom
- Walking on air – Idiom
When could you use this idiom?
- When you are really enjoying yourself.
- Discussing an awesome event or night out with friends.
- You are thanking someone for hosting an event or for showing you a good time.
- “Your birthday party was very special. Thank you for inviting us. We all had a whale of a time!”
In The News:
- Is there an idiom like this in your country?
As Featured On Top 10 Animal Idioms!
What is an idiom?
An idiom is a word or phrase that is not taken literally. An idiom is an expression that cannot be understood from the meanings of its individual words, but has a separate meaning of its own.
What is FunkyEnglish?
FunkyEnglish is a website that helps you improve your English. We offer quick lessons that teach idioms, slang, phrasal verbs and more. Visit our homepage to see our latest articles, or use the menu to find specific content!