Slang – Scrumptious.
Meaning – (adjective) Delicious. Tasty. Mouthwatering. Appetizing.
This expression can also be used to describe a very attractive person – or in fact anything at all you are attracted to. The assumption here is that the object you are describing as scrumptious looks good enough to eat! “Did you see Carlos last night? He was looking absolutely scrumptious!”
There are many different words we can use to describe delicious food. Here are some of the more common expressions:
- Bread – Photo Vocabulary
- Continental Breakfast – Photo Vocabulary
- Eat In – Phrasal Verb
- Eat Out – Phrasal Verb
- Fine Dining – Photo Vocabulary
- Fish and Chips – British Culture
- Foodie (slang) – A person who loves to eat food.
- Whet your appetite (idiom) – Increase your desire for something.
- Yummy (slang) – Delicious.
- “You have to try the chocolate cake. It is totally scrumptious!”
In The News:
What is FunkyEnglish?
FunkyEnglish is a website that helps you improve your English. We offer quick lessons that teach idioms, slang, phrasal verbs and more. Visit our homepage to see our latest articles, or use the menu to find specific content!