“We see the number plate, chrome bumpers and tinted windscreen of this immaculate classic car.”
What is a classic car?
A classic car is one that is at least 20 years old. A car over 45 years old may be referred to as an antique car.
Car Parts – British English v American English:
More Related Expressions and Classic Car Vocabulary:
- break down – phrasal verb
- chrome (noun) – a hard, shiny metal that is an alloy of chromium and some other metals
- garage – photo vocabulary
- immaculate (adjective) – in perfect condition – free from mistakes or imperfections
- pull over – phrasal verb
- switch gears – idiom
- tinted (adjective) – slightly coloured or darkened
The classic car in the main photo is a Volkswagen Beetle. The Beetle is an extremely popular classic car, and because of its interesting shape you might see it referred to as a bug or ladybug!
In The News:
A picture is worth a thousand words
What is FunkyEnglish?
FunkyEnglish is a website that helps you improve your English. We offer quick lessons that teach idioms, slang, phrasal verbs and more. Visit our homepage to see our latest articles, or use the menu to find specific content!