“We see the number plate, chrome bumpers and tinted windscreen of this immaculate classic car.”
What is a classic car?
A classic car is one that is at least 20 years old. A car over 45 years old may be referred to as an antique car.
Car Parts – British English v American English:
|British English||American English|
|number plate||license plate|
|petrol tank||gas tank|
- break down – phrasal verb
- chrome (noun) – a hard, shiny metal that is an alloy of chromium and some other metals
- garage – photo vocabulary
- immaculate (adjective) – in perfect condition – free from mistakes or imperfections
- pull over – phrasal verb
- switch gears – idiom
- tinted (adjective) – slightly coloured
A picture is worth a thousand words