“An undulating road in the sandy desert. The sign reminds drivers to obey the speed limit.”
- Desert – A dry, barren area of land.
- Dessert – The sweet course eaten at the end of a meal (cake, pie, pudding, ice-cream etc.)
- The full definition for a desert is a dry, barren area of land, especially one covered with sand, that is usually desolate, without water, and without vegetation.
- The largest deserts in the world are:
- Antarctica Desert
- Arctic Desert
- Sahara Desert (Africa)
- Australian Desert
- Arabian Desert (West Asia)
- Gobi Desert (East Asia)
- Kalahari Desert (Africa)
A picture is worth a thousand words