“A nutritious avocado sliced into two halves; remove the stone then enjoy the delicious flesh!”
More Avocado Vocabulary and Facts:
- The avocado is actually a type of berry.
- An avocado stone may also be referred to as a seed or pit.
- Ripe avocado is used as the base for the popular Mexican dip guacamole.
- Avocado is sometimes known as a superfood because it contains a lot of nutrients and antioxidants. Avocado is also very rich in vitamins.
Where are the most avocados grown?
- Dominican Republic
Are you feeling hungry? Here are some more expressions we can use when discussing food in English:
- Eat in (phrasal verb) – Eat at home
- Eat out (phrasal verb) – Eat at a restaurant or away from home
- Foodie (slang) – A food enthusiast – someone who is passionate about food
- Pig out (slang) – To eat a lot or too much
- Scrumptious (slang) – Delicious
- Yummy – (slang) – Delicious
In The News:
A picture is worth a thousand words
What is FunkyEnglish?
FunkyEnglish is a website that helps you improve your English. We offer quick lessons that teach idioms, slang, phrasal verbs and more. Visit our homepage to see our latest articles, or use the menu to find specific content!