“A knife, a fork and a spoon make up this silver cutlery set.”
In much of the world (especially Asia) chopsticks are the preferred cutlery of choice.
Disposable cutlery is a type of cutlery that is meant to be used once and then thrown away. It is typically made out of plastic or other materials that can be recycled. Disposable cutlery is often used in restaurants, catering events, and other food service establishments.
Other Types of Cutlery:
What else do we use in the kitchen? Check out the list before for some common serving utensils.
- Butter Knife: A flat knife used for spreading butter and other condiments.
- Cake Server: A utensil used for cutting and serving cakes.
- Cheese Knife: A knife with a forked tip used for cutting and serving cheese.
- Cocktail Fork: A small fork used for picking up hors d’oeuvres.
- Gravy Ladle: A spoon with a long handle used for serving gravy.
- Ice Cream Scoop: A spoon with a round bowl used for scooping ice cream.
- Lemon Fork: A small fork with two or three prongs used for cutting and serving lemons.
- Pie Server: A utensil with a wide, flat blade used for cutting and serving pies.
- Salad Tongs: Two long tongs used for serving salads.
- Soup Ladle: A spoon with a long handle used for serving soup.
- Spaghetti Server: A utensil with a long, thin handle and a wide bowl used for serving spaghetti.
- Sugar Spoon: A small spoon used for measuring and serving sugar.
In The News:
A picture is worth a thousand words
What is FunkyEnglish?
FunkyEnglish is a website that helps you improve your English. We offer quick lessons that teach idioms, slang, phrasal verbs and more. Visit our homepage to see our latest articles, or use the menu to find specific content!