English Idiom – On the same page
Meaning – To be in agreement on something. If everyone is on the same page then multiple people have come to the same understanding of something. To think in the same way or have access to the same knowledge or information.
When could you use this idiom?
- You have finally come to an agreement with your colleagues at work.
- A group of people are understanding a concept in different ways.
- You and your partner agree about holiday plans after discussing for some time.
- “Are we all on the same page yet? We have to decide if we are going to binge-watch The Office or Friends!”
In The News:
- Is there an idiom like this in your country?
What is an idiom?
An idiom is a word or phrase that is not taken literally. An idiom is an expression that cannot be understood from the meanings of its individual words, but has a separate meaning of its own.