- Slang – Nowt
- Meaning – Nothing.
- This slang is British slang and it is commonly used in the north of England. It is Northern English slang.
- The opposite of nowt is owt. Owt means something.
- Meaning of the expression skint.
Slang expressions for nothing:
There are a number of different slang expressions we can use to refer to nothing at all.
- Bugger-all (mildly offensive)
- Sod-all (mildly offensive)
- Zip (US slang)
- “I can’t believe that my brother got me nowt for Xmas. I got him a new phone!”
What is slang?
Slang is informal language. Words or phrases that are used between friends or groups of people that have something in common.