- British Slang – Go pear shaped
- Meaning – It has all gone wrong. This expression can be used to describe a situation that has not turned out as expected. It can also be used to describe something that has been totally ruined.
All Gone Wrong
Other expressions to describe a situation that has gone wrong include:
- It’s all going off – Everything is going wrong and people are arguing/fighting. This expression can be used to describe a party that is going crazy.
- It’s all gone Pete Tong – British rhyming slang for It’s all gone wrong.
- Things went south – An expression that originates from the stock market losing money – going down (going south).
- “I’m having a bad hair day, my boyfriend has left me and now the dog has eaten my new shoes. It’s all gone pear shaped!”