- Idiom – Bad hair day
- Meaning – A day when your appearance, especially you hair, does not look attractive. This expression can be used when someone has a problem with their hair, or just feels unattractive in general.
- Today this idiom can also be used when someone is just having a bad day – a day when everything seems to go wrong.
When could you use this idiom?
- Your hair is a mess and you can’t seem to make it look good.
- When you feel unattractive.
- If you are having a bad day in general.
- You are looking for an excuse to stay at home and be lazy!
- “I don’t want to go to the party this evening. I’m having a bad hair day!”
- Is there an idiom like this in your country?
What is an idiom?
An idiom is a word or phrase that is not taken literally. An idiom is an expression that cannot be understood from the meanings of its individual words, but has a separate meaning of its own.