- British English Slang – Belly
- Meaning – Stomach.
- Here are a selection of different types of belly:
- Beer belly – A large protruding belly that is the result of frequently drinking a lot of beer.
- Delhi belly – An old fashioned term for a bad stomach caused by visiting an unfamiliar place.
- Pot belly – A large belly, similar to a beer belly.
- Yellow belly – A coward.
- You should also be familiar with:
- Belly button – Another way of referring to your naval.
- Belly dance – A type of solo dance performed by a woman with her stomach exposed.
- Belly flop – A dive into water when you land on your front – which can be very painful!
- “You need to go on a diet. You have a massive belly!”