“A flock of sheep – covered in healthy wool – frolic in a field with their young lambs.”
More Sheep Vocabulary:
- Baa (verb): the sound made by a sheep.
- Bleat (verb): to make a low, plaintive cry, like a sheep.
- Ewe (noun): an adult female sheep.
- Flock (noun): a group of sheep.
- Grazing (verb): the act of feeding on grass or other vegetation.
- Lamb (noun): a young sheep.
- Mutton (noun): the meat of a mature sheep.
- Ram (noun): an adult male sheep.
- Shear (verb): to cut off the wool from a sheep.
- Shepherd (noun): a person who tends and guards sheep.
- Sheepdog (noun): a dog trained to herd and guard sheep.
- Shorn (verb): having been shorn of its wool.
- Wool (noun): the soft, thick hair of a sheep.
- Wooly (adjective): having a thick coat of wool.
- Woolen (adjective): made of or resembling wool.
More Animal Photo Vocabulary on FunkyEnglish:
In The News:
A picture is worth a thousand words.
What is FunkyEnglish?
FunkyEnglish is a website that helps you improve your English. We offer quick lessons that teach idioms, slang, phrasal verbs and more. Visit our homepage to see our latest articles, or use the menu to find specific content!