“A curious cat – with long white whiskers – purrs and waits for some attention.”
- A young cat is called a kitten.
- The collective noun for a group of cats is a clowder, cluster or pounce. For kittens the collective noun is kindle, litter or pillow.
- Feline is used to refer to any animal that is in the cat family.
More Cat Expressions:
- Cat got your tongue (idiom)
- Copycat (idiom)
- Let the cat out of the bag (idiom)
- Moggy (slang)
- Raining cats and dogs (idiom)
- While the cat’s away the mice will play (proverb)
A picture is worth a thousand words