“Impostor! A litter of inquisitive puppies greet a strange new friend.”
- A litter is a group of young animals born to the same mother at the same time. This is usually used to with mammals, but can be used for any animal that gives birth to multiple young.
- A group of eggs and the animals that hatch from them are known as a clutch; a group of young birds are known as a brood.
- The animals from the same litter are known as litter-mates.
- An impostor is a person (or in this case animal) who pretends to be someone else in order to deceive (trick) others.
More Dog Expressions:
- Dog and bone (UK rhyming slang)
- Let sleeping dogs lie (idiom)
- Puppy-dog eyes (idiom)
- Puppy love (slang)
- Raining cats and dogs (idiom)
A picture is worth a thousand words