“A musician plucks and strums the strings of her electric guitar.”
- Accordion: a portable wind instrument with a keyboard and bellows that is played by compressing and expanding the bellows while pressing the keys to produce sounds.
- Bagpipes: a wind instrument with a bag that holds air, which is played by blowing into a pipe that has finger holes, producing a range of notes.
- Bass guitar: a stringed instrument that is similar to a guitar but has a longer neck and a lower range of notes, typically used to provide a bass line in music.
- Bongos: a pair of small, handheld drums that are played with the fingers and typically used in Latin American music.
- Cello: a stringed instrument with a four-stringed body that is played with a bow and held between the player’s knees.
- Clarinet: a woodwind instrument with a single reed mouthpiece, a cylindrical tube, and finger holes or keys that are used to produce a range of notes.
- Drum set: a collection of percussion instruments that includes a bass drum, snare drum, and various cymbals, often used in rock and pop music.
- Flute: a woodwind instrument that is played by blowing across a hole in the side of a tube, producing a range of notes.
- Guitar: a stringed instrument with a flat back and a fretted neck, typically played with the fingers or a pick.
- Harmonica: a small, handheld wind instrument with a series of metal reeds and a mouthpiece that is played by blowing and drawing air through the instrument.
- Keyboard: an electronic instrument with a keyboard that produces a range of sounds, including piano, organ, and synthesizer tones.
- Oboe: a woodwind instrument with a double reed mouthpiece and a conical tube that produces a range of notes.
- Piano: a large keyboard instrument with a range of notes produced by strings struck by hammers inside the body of the instrument.
- Saxophone: a woodwind instrument with a single reed mouthpiece, a conical tube, and finger keys that produce a range of notes.
- Triangle: a percussion instrument consisting of a small metal bar bent into a triangular shape that is struck with a metal beater to produce a ringing sound.
- Trumpet: a brass instrument with a flared bell and three valves that are used to produce a range of notes.
- Ukulele: a small, four-stringed instrument that is similar to a guitar and typically played with the fingers.
- Violin: a stringed instrument with a four-stringed body that is played with a bow, typically held under the chin of the player.
- Xylophone: a percussion instrument with a series of wooden bars of different lengths that are struck with mallets to produce a range of notes.
In The News:
A picture is worth a thousand words
What is FunkyEnglish?
FunkyEnglish is a website that helps you improve your English. We offer quick lessons that teach idioms, slang, phrasal verbs and more. Visit our homepage to see our latest articles, or use the menu to find specific content!