Slang – Motormouth or Motor-mouth.
Meaning – A very talkative person. Someone who talks a lot. A motormouth is a person who talks excessively, often about meaningless things.
There are many great slang expression that can be directed towards someone who talks to much. Here are some of our favourites:
- Blabbermouth – To blabber (slang) is to talk foolishly or excessively.
- Chatterbox – To chatter is to talk excessively about unimportant things.
- Flap jaw – To flap is to talk foolishly and persistently.
- Gasbag – Gas is another slang expression for talking too much.
- Jabberer – To jabber is to speak rapidly or to talk in a way that is difficult to understand.
- Wind-bag – Wind is a slang expression for meaningless chat.
- Yapper – To yap is to talk in a loud or annoying way.
- “Give it a rest motormouth! I can’t even hear myself think. You never stop talking.”
In The News:
What is Slang?
Slang is informal language that is not considered standard or formal, and is typically used by specific groups of people or in specific contexts. It often includes words, phrases, and expressions that are not widely used in the mainstream, and can vary depending on region, social group, and age group. Slang is often used to express humour, sarcasm, or solidarity, but can also be controversial or offensive.
What is FunkyEnglish?
FunkyEnglish is a website that helps you improve your English. We offer quick lessons that teach idioms, slang, phrasal verbs and more. Visit our homepage to see our latest articles, or use the menu to find specific content!