Skip to the content
- Slang – Motormouth or Motor-mouth.
- Meaning – A very talkative person. Someone who talks a lot. A motormouth is a person who talks excessively, often about meaningless things.
- There are many great slang expression that can be directed towards someone who talks to much. Here are some of our favourites:
- Blabbermouth – To blabber (slang) is to talk foolishly or excessively.
- Chatterbox – To chatter is to talk excessively about unimportant things.
- Flap jaw – To flap is to talk foolishly and persistently.
- Gasbag – Gas is another slang expression for talking too much.
- Jabberer – To jabber is to speak rapidly or to talk in a way that is difficult to understand.
- Wind-bag – Wind is a slang expression for meaningless chat.
- Yapper – To yap is to talk in a loud or annoying way.
- “Give it a rest motormouth! I can’t even hear myself think. You never stop talking.”