- British English Slang – Twit.
- Meaning – A foolish or stupid person. This expression can also be used to describe someone who is annoying.
- This slang is mildly offensive. It is usually used in a humorous or affectionate way.
- Roald Dahl – the wonderful British author – wrote a book called The Twits. The Twits are a wicked and hideous couple who continually play practical jokes on each other because they dislike each other so much.
Mr. Twit was a twit. He was born a twit.
- “Jack was looking for his reading glasses for an hour last night. They were on his head the whole time. He’s such a twit!”