- Idiom – Bring home the bacon
- Meaning – To earn money for your family. To make a living for yourself and for those around you. If you are bringing home the bacon you are providing financial support for your family.
When could you use this idiom?
- You have just got a new job.
- A friend is struggling to make enough money to live.
- Your partner has been given a promotion at work.
- You’ve received a generous bonus at work.
- “I’m so chuffed that I’ve been given a promotion at work. It is time for me to bring home the bacon!”
In The News:
- Is there an idiom like this in your country?
What is an idiom?
An idiom is a word or phrase that is not taken literally. An idiom is an expression that cannot be understood from the meanings of its individual words, but has a separate meaning of its own.