- Idiom – A piece of cake
- Meaning – Very easy. A task is very easy to do.
Other expressions to describe something easy:
- A breeze
- A cakewalk
- A picnic
- A pushover
- A walk in the park
- A doddle
- As easy as pie
- Child’s play
Have you heard any others?
When could you use this idiom?
- Your English test is too easy.
- A project turned out to be easier than you thought.
- You finished a computer game in a few minutes.
- A football team won 8-0.
- “I thought that my humongous science assignment would take all week, but I finished it in an hour. My assignment was a piece of cake!”
- Is there an idiom like this in your country?
What is an idiom?
An idiom is a word or phrase that is not taken literally. An idiom is an expression that cannot be understood from the meanings of its individual words, but has a separate meaning of its own.