- Idiom – Paint the town red.
- Meaning – To go out and celebrate. To visit bars and clubs and get drunk. To have a party. If you paint the town red you go wild or crazy and have a great time.
When could you use this idiom?
- Making plans for a party or night out.
- Discussing a great or wild night out you’ve had.
- “It’s Friday! Let’s get dressed up and go and paint the town red!“
- Is there an idiom like this in your country?
What is an idiom?
An idiom is a word or phrase that is not taken literally. An idiom is an expression that cannot be understood from the meanings of its individual words, but has a separate meaning of its own.