Skip to the content
- Common Australian and British English Slang – Bloke
- Meaning – Man. In British English this expression is used to describe any man. In Australian English bloke can also be used to describe a particular type of man; masculine, practical and rough.
- If you say someone is a funny bloke it means they are a little strange.
- You can describe somebody as a great bloke if you like them a lot.
- “If you visit London give Tony a call. He’s a really nice bloke and he will be more than happy to show you around!”