“A carpenter struggles to saw through a wooden log. Perhaps the carpenter needs to clean the rusty saw!”
More Saw Vocabulary:
Carpentry is the activity or occupation of making or repairing things in wood.
A person whose occupation is carpentry is known as a carpenter.
- Chisel (noun): A tool used for cutting and shaping wood.
- Dovetail (verb): To join two pieces of wood together with interlocking notches.
- Dowel (noun): A cylindrical piece of wood used to join two pieces of wood together.
- Plane (noun): A tool used for smoothing and shaping wood.
- Precise (adjective): Accurate and exact.
- Rasp (noun): A tool used for shaping and smoothing wood.
- Refined (adjective): Neatly and carefully made.
- Robust (adjective): Strong and durable.
- Sandpaper (noun): A material used for smoothing wood.
Here are some different types of saws that a carpenter may use:
- Chainsaw – A saw with a motor-driven chain that moves round the edge of a blade
- Circular saw – A power saw with a rotating toothed disc
- Hacksaw – A saw with a narrow blade set inside a frame
- Hand saw – A saw used with one hand for cutting wood
- Jigsaw – A machine saw with a fine blade that can cut curved lines in a sheet of wood (or other material)
More Featured Jobs:
A picture is worth a thousand words
In the News:
What is FunkyEnglish?
FunkyEnglish is a website that helps you improve your English. We offer quick lessons that teach idioms, slang, phrasal verbs and more. Visit our homepage to see our latest articles, or use the menu to find specific content!