“The outstretched palm of the hand displaying the thumb, index finger, middle finger, ring finger and little finger.”
Related Hand or Fingers Expressions:
- All hands on deck (idiom) – Everyone is needed to help with a task or problem.
- Fat fingers (slang) – Clumsy or inaccurate typing.
- Get your hands dirty (idiom) – To participate in physical work that may be messy or unpleasant.
- Green fingers (idiom) – A skilled gardener.
- Have a finger in many pies (idiom) – To be involved in many different things or projects at the same time.
- Keep your fingers crossed (idiom) – Hope for a positive outcome or result.
- Point the finger (idiom) – to blame or accuse someone of something.
- Rule of thumb (idiom) – A general guideline or principle that is based on experience or common sense.
- Rule with an iron fist (idiom) – To be very strict and authoritative in leadership or control.
- Clasp (verb): To hold or grip tightly.
- Claw (noun): A curved, pointed nail on the end of a finger or toe.
- Clench (verb): To grip or hold tightly.
- Digits (noun): The numbers 0–9; also, the fingers and toes.
- Fist (noun): A clenched hand.
- Grip (verb): To hold firmly.
- Knuckles (noun): The joints of the fingers.
- Nails (noun): The hard covering on the upper surface parts at the tips of the fingers and toes.
- Wrists (noun): The joint between the hand and the arm.
In The News:
A picture is worth a thousand words
What is FunkyEnglish?
FunkyEnglish is a website that helps you improve your English. We offer quick lessons that teach idioms, slang, phrasal verbs and more. Visit our homepage to see our latest articles, or use the menu to find specific content!