- Slang – Hang out.
- Meaning – To spend leisure time with someone. To spend time in a certain place or with certain people. To waste time – to do nothing productive.
- This expression can also be used to describe spending time with certain people on a regular basis. “She’s been hanging out with Jack a lot lately.”
- This idiomatic expression is a phrasal verb and it is not separable.
- This phrasal verb also has a literal meaning. You can hang your clothes out, which means to suspend them from something for display or to dry them.
- “What are you doing tonight? Do you fancy hanging out with us at the park?”