- Slang – Gormless
- Meaning – Stupid or foolish. This expression can refer to someone who displays a lack of intelligence. A clumsy person may be called gormless too.
- This slang is common British slang.
- This is obviously a negative expression and is mildly offensive. Nobody likes being told they lack intelligence.
- A person can look gormless, “He’s a lovely bloke but he’s just got such a gormless face.” or behave in a gormless manner, “I don’t think that gormless woman understood a word I just said!“
In The News:
Say fromage! Agency denies censorship after withdrawing ‘gormless‘ picture of Francois Hollande
- “That gormless politician has been making a fool of himself on Twitter again!“